Kappa Delta Pi
Kappa Delta Pi is an International Honor Society dedicated to scholarship and excellence in education. The Society as a community of scholars dedicated to worthy ideals:
- Recognizes scholarship and excellence in education.
- Promotes the development and dissemination of worthy educational ideals and practices.
- Enhances the continuous professional growth and leadership of its diverse membership.
- Fosters inquiry and reflection on significant educational issues.
- Maintains a high degree of professional fellowship.
The mission of the Beta Xi Chapter at Baylor University is to honor the achievement of educators and promote excellence in education. The purpose of the Beta Xi Chapter of Kappa Delta Pi shall be to promote excellence in and recognition of outstanding contributions to education. Kappa Delta Pi shall endeavor to maintain a high degree of professional fellowship among its members, to quicken professional growth, and to honor achievement in educational work. To these ends, it shall invite to membership persons who exhibit commendable professional qualities, worthy educational ideals, and sound scholarship, without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, or disability.
Symbols on the Emblem:
- The papyrus scroll, representing the foundations upon which modern education was recorded
- The beehive, standing for toil
- The Stylus, the first-known writing instrument